Monday, December 10, 2007

Some pics from Saga

I finally got around to borrowing Jason's card reader, so I downloaded some pics from my camera. (I plan to buy my own card reader in Akihabara - Tokyo's electronics district.)

We stayed at the Hotel New Otani in Saga-shi. This was the view outside our window:





While this was the view from the hotel lobby:




Last night, Kathie, Kat, and I went out to eat at the "Beef and Beer" restaurant in town. I have no idea what the actual name of the place was, but the painting on the outside of the building showed happy people grilling beef and drinking beer.





The wait staff spoke no English and the menu was all in Japanese, so Kathie ordered by pointing to another diner and saying, "I'll have what he's having."



Kat & I shared a tomato salad and a plate of thinly-slicked beef which we grilled on the table-top hibachi.



This morning, we gathered for breakfast in the hotel restaurant:




Before hopping on the bus to head to the Fukuoka airport:



More pics from our trip to the Osaka Castle later!

.

3 comments:

Ian said...

Kat looks hungry! Beautiful, but hungry!

Michèle Sharik said...

That pic was taken BEFORE we ate. :-)

The grilled beef was actually quite filling. Between it, the tomato salad, and the rice, it was quite the feast!

Ian said...

I miss her.