Sunday, December 9, 2007

A very long day

Friday took forever.

My alarm went off at 6:30am at Jim's house, since I had arrived the night before so I could carpool to SFO with him. Our ride picked us up at 7:15am, and our adventure began.

The flight was great because it was sooooo empty. We had rows to ourselves and could stretch out to really sleep. And it's a long enough flight to make anyone fidget. I watched three movies, had two meals and a snack, talked with other Sonosians, paced and stretched, and still had time for a 45-minute nap.

I recommend "The Ultimate Gift" to watch this season. Skip "The Invasion." And don't worry, Jan. I purposefully didn't watch "Ratatouille" until I get home and we can watch it together. (He had just purchased it and hopefully will wait until I get back too.)

We landed in Nagoya, got luggage. went through customs, and then took a local flight to Fukuoka. By the time we got out of there, loaded our bus, and got to our hotel rooms, I had been traveling for more than 22 hours. Add to the time change the date change as well, and it was hard to know when you were at all. We had left Friday morning, but landed Saturday night.

It was a good thing that the first concert (on our first day there) was a 2pm matinee, because by dinner I was yawning and keeling over. I was asleep as soon as I hit the pillow that night.

No comments: